If you think you hate Brussels sprouts because you tried them once as a kid – you’ve got to give these a try. They are not your mama’s steamed, soggy, bland Brussels sprouts. These are Hatchet’s bacon Bleu cheese Brussels sprouts (see our restaurant review of Hatchet here). Believe me, you will pound these down faster than a bag of popcorn. You don’t believe me, do you? Make these and just try to prove me wrong.
Serves: 6 (realistically 1 because you’re going to eat all of them yourself, in one sitting, within minutes of making them)
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Ready In: 25-40 minutes
- Bacon butter
- 2 oz Bleu cheese crumbles
- 1.5 lbs Brussels sprouts
- Apple sauce
- Baking sheet
- Tongs or a spatula
- Put a nice dollop of bacon butter on a sheet pan. Preheat oven to 425F with the sheet pan in the oven.
- Wash and quarter the Brussels sprouts. When the oven is up to temp, remove the sheet pan and toss the Brussels sprouts on. Season liberally with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly with bacon butter.
- Pop the sheet pan of Brussels back into the oven for 20-30 minutes, tossing them around halfway through to get even browning.
- Once crispy and cooked through, top with Bleu cheese crumbles and serve with a side of apple sauce for dipping. Devour immediately to ensure they are as crispy as possible (but they do store ok for a few days in the fridge if you don’t mind slightly less crispiness).
One thought on “Copy-cat Hatchet Brussels Sprouts”
I like this website so much, bookmarked.