Fruit salad is a delicious addition to just about any meal, breakfast, lunch, dinner, even dessert. But let’s face it, it’s usually boring looking. Well, not this fruit salad. We’ve come up with the perfect combo of fruit that not only tastes good but looks good too!
Makes: 12 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
- 16oz package strawberries
- 2-3 mangoes
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 5 kiwi
- 16oz package blueberries
- 2 cups red grapes
- Small knife
- Cutting board
- Large clear container
- Can opener
- Cut off the top of the strawberries, then quarter them lengthwise.
- To cut mango, slice down each “cheek”, leaving the oblong pit in the middle. With each cheek, make slices through the flesh but not the skin to create a grid. Press your fingers into the center of the skin, pushing the grid outward. For very ripe mangoes, you can peel these cubes right off the skin. For harder mangoes, you may need to cut the cubes off the skin.
- Drain the pineapple rings very well. Squeeze them in the can with the lid to get as much liquid out of them as possible. Cut each ring into 8 pieces, like a pizza.
- Cut off each end of the kiwis. Place one of the now-flat sides on a cutting board and use a small knife to cut off the skin, taking care to cut off as little flesh as possible. Once your kiwi is peeled, cut into slices and cut the slices into quarters.
- Go through the blueberries to ensure there are no stems attached nor mushy berries.
- Devine the grapes and cut them in half, lengthwise or crossways, whichever you prefer – just be consistent.
- Assemble in the desired order, either red on bottom working up to purple, or purple on bottom working up to red. Be sure to spread the layers out to the edges so they can each be seen from the outside. Refrigerate and consume within a week.