This website was created for one purpose and one purpose only: To share how I meal plan and meal prep to help others realize the benefits of meal planning and prepping, including cost savings, stress relief, and health improvements. This website is my place to collect weekly grocery sales, weekly meal plans, taste tests, and more to share with anyone who might be able to benefit from it. So let’s get started.
What is meal planning? Pretty simply put, meal planning is planning out meals in advance of needing to eat them. This might be hours in advance, days in advance, or weeks in advance. Meal planning isn’t just for meals you will be cooking. Meal planning might also take into consideration that on Friday, you’ll be picking up a pizza for dinner. So long as you didn’t think about this on Friday at 5:30, 10 minutes before picking up the pizza, it still counts as meal planning.
What is meal prepping? Again, pretty simply put, meal prepping is preparing a meal before you need to eat it. Just like planning, this could be done hours ahead, days ahead, or even weeks ahead of time. It ensures that when the meal time comes around, stress is not one of the factors. Read more here.
But isn’t meal planning and prepping hard? The short answer is yes – when you first start. Once you get into the swing of things, you’ll never know how you lived without it. Just like adopting a pet or having a baby – it’s hard at first, but eventually you won’t be able to picture life any differently. Plus, I’m here to help every step of the way. So come walk with me. Read more here.
What can this blog offer me? Many things.
- Weekly Grocery Sales – every week I peruse my local’s Shaw’s sales to find the best deals, so you don’t have to. I typically use these sales as inspiration for the week of meals ahead.
- Weekly Meal Plans – based on the sales of the week, I come up with a weekly meal plan with recipes that take advantage of the sales to inspire you to make affordable, delicious meals. Not sure what to make? Take a look at what I’m making, or look at my recipes.
- Recipes – each time I make something exciting, I provide you with a recipe so you can make it yourself if you think it looks good. I include a list of not only the ingredients, but also the needed cooking implements. And none of that typical blog-style banter – I get straight to the recipe so you can get straight to cooking.
- Taste tests – Not sure when the budget brand is just as good as the name brand? Confused on which product gives you the best bang for your buck? We got you. We put ingredients, dishes, restaurants, and more head-to-head to determine which is the winner, so you can rest assured that you’re putting your money where it counts!
- Restaurant reviews – in the New England area and not sure where to go for food? Take a look at the restaurants we’ve tried, what we’ve ordered, and what we thought about it. There may even be a few non-Vermont or non-New England restaurants thrown in as we travel to new places and try new restaurants.
- Other types of posts, including product suggestions, food adventures, meal planning/prepping tips, and more – all geared toward helping you make decisions on where to spend your money when it comes to food.