This foolproof method of cooking chicken (or turkey) breast will always yield juicy, perfectly cooked chicken breast that can be used in a variety of recipes from there like this Southwest Salad or chicken pot pie. It’s great for any dish that requires chicken, like enchiladas, alfredo, or stir fry.
Serves: up to 4 chicken breasts (don’t crowd your pan)
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
- Chicken breast
- Skillet with a lid
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat. Once screaming hot, add a drizzle of oil before quickly placing your chicken breast in the pan. Do not touch the chicken breast for at least a minute, minute and a half.
- Flip the chicken breast over (if it sticks, it’s not ready) and change the heat to low. Cover the skillet. Do not uncover the skillet for 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes has passed, turn the heat off, but don’t take the lid off (don’t even peek!). Let the chicken sit in the pan that’s still on the burner (the burner that’s off) for 10 more minutes.
- Voila! Perfectly cooked, juicy yet flavorful chicken breast, ready to be cubed up to put into a pot pie or shredded to be used in chicken salad sandwiches.